domingo, 12 de julho de 2009

There is no finish line


Transcrição dos diálogos até 4 minutos e 11 segundos.

Reporter: And we thought last year final couldn´t be touched. And it was.

Becker: Isn´t it something! You know, it set all over again. last year final was the best Wimbledon final I witnessed but this year it came close, another five setter, another 4 hours and something and In the end, it didn´t seem to be finished!

Reporter: What did you make of it, Greg?

Rusedsky: Ah..., It was fantastic tennis, I thought Roddick really played sensational tennis. He´ll be just regretting that he didn´t win Wimbledon but, Roger Federer is the man, he always find a way. And you´ve got to look at history. It is the longest fifth set ever. Oh, look at the man himself here. Hello.

Reporter: As we stick the microphone in his T-shirt
Becker: How is your leg? How are you feeling?

Roger: All right. Felt better but felt worse...No, I feel great.

Reporter: Listen. You don´t only have to play for us, you have to talk for us,tennis as well. Yeah, we´ve been waiting.

Reporter: You must... Now, you have time to analyze it. How do you view the events of the afternoon?

Roger: Ah..., unique, you know. Because, I´ll never go through something like this again in my career, you know. Where such a big, so many records are on the line, and so many legends are watching me play, and so much is at stake at Wimbledon. You know, where sort of come off full circles for me, you know. I won here 2003 and here I am breaking the record in 2009. It´s wonderful, you know. And I'm happy I was able to do it.

Reporter: It was wonderful to watch, honestly. And, did you know that Pete Sampras was definitely be here, or the first you knew was when you saw him in the royal box?

Roger: No, I heard the day before that he was gonna come for sure but he promised me when we did the Asian Tour together and when we played the Madison Square Garden he said: “Look, every year you have a chance to break my record, I´ll be there”. So... He said, make sure it´s maybe not Australia, or something. So, he obviously hoped for US Open, but I always knew he would show up because I knew he would keep his promise.

Reporter: A couple of sort of big generic questions I´ll ask you but specifically on the match, that backhand volley Andy Roddick missed in the 2nd set tie-break, he had 4 set points, at that point, had you almost resigned yourself thinking “I´m gonna win this in five”?

Roger: Yeah, I mean, that was... that is the way the mind works. I think once you are out there , it is like , you know, if you feel like he is unbreakable, you can´t really get a read on his serve, you are playing ok but, you are not controlling things... You are ready to go five. It´s just the way you have to plan, that´s why I have thousands of shirts in my bag. Anything … You know, wrist bands, head bands. Just in case. I am ready for 5 rainy days, or 10, if I have to … You know, it´s not a problem. But, I knew the 2nd set was a key, you know, looking back that and then also obviously the 8-all 15-40 play. Those were the big moments over the match and both times, I came through so it was important.

Reporter: But, once you won the second set, did you think you got him?

Roger: Humm. I thought I got him when I won the third set. I was up two sets to one. I thought this would be really hard for him to come back, from these though 2 sets he just lost and on top of that I felt I was gonna get into his service games more often. And I didn´t, I was wrong but..., ah..., I got through in the end.

Becker: What keeps you going now. You broke all the record in the world. What´s the next top for you? You´re gonna take a couple of weeks off in the summer, I guess and then celebrate to put up the first child and then, what´s coming after?

Roger: I can´t answer this, I guess... ha... afterwards, really, I mean that´s what I told people, when I won Paris, because I say, I have one more to win because I won all the majors, you tie Pete´s record, and now I broke it. So, even people wonder why am I keep on playing, maybe you know, but I think I love this sport, maybe I´ll sound different in few years time, who knows? But, right now I just enjoy, not “having the attention” really but just having so much success, feeling the warmth from all the crowds around the world, it´s amazing, you know, to go to where I am. Yeah, I don´t know, I mean, I have to definitely regroup after this.
That´s for sure.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário